Hey Pappy...
If I asked how your doing, I'm sure you'd just give me some line about watching NASCAR while walking the treadmill and sipping Cabbage soup through a straw… that Jack in the Box is the furthest thing from your mind. However, you now have my Lovely Bride on me... watching my every move.
She's been smelling Jack in the Box on my breath for the past year... and I've been doing my best to deny there is any affair going on between Jack and me. Well, the jig is now up between Jack and I. My lovely Bride has now resorted to checking my mileage on short around town excursions… and smelling my breath for my affair with Jack.
I always wanted to SCUBA dive with you... meet up somewhere in Maui and do a day or two of dives. I’d have liked you to show me your out-of-the-way dive spots. I've hesitated because you once mentioned that you have a very hard time growing a mustache, so you let the ol' nose hair and ear hair grow, and then braided it together under your nose. Between that and your merkin… I thought for sure that we’d get eaten by a Tiger Shark or a Great White.
I’m truly hoping that it was not my ownership of only one pair of underwear that kept us from meeting up. If I could manage to hold a straight face during my BBQ with Jeeper in Maui, with his red slipp'as, knee-high socks, Jammer Speedo swim suit, and his duct taped coke bottle glasses… then certainly you could hold your breath for a minute or more. Or you could just slyly push me in the pool as we walked by… hoping the quick rinse would push me back a day or two.
Most of us think of hanging out as moments in time that we spend together. You, my friend have redefined what it is to hang out. Some people travel to the moon, but only your wit and charm could bring the moon to Maui.
While it may be some time before we ever get the chance to meet, you will forever hold a place in my heart until we do.
I will always keep in touch.
Your friend always,
Venture
If I asked how your doing, I'm sure you'd just give me some line about watching NASCAR while walking the treadmill and sipping Cabbage soup through a straw… that Jack in the Box is the furthest thing from your mind. However, you now have my Lovely Bride on me... watching my every move.
She's been smelling Jack in the Box on my breath for the past year... and I've been doing my best to deny there is any affair going on between Jack and me. Well, the jig is now up between Jack and I. My lovely Bride has now resorted to checking my mileage on short around town excursions… and smelling my breath for my affair with Jack.
I always wanted to SCUBA dive with you... meet up somewhere in Maui and do a day or two of dives. I’d have liked you to show me your out-of-the-way dive spots. I've hesitated because you once mentioned that you have a very hard time growing a mustache, so you let the ol' nose hair and ear hair grow, and then braided it together under your nose. Between that and your merkin… I thought for sure that we’d get eaten by a Tiger Shark or a Great White.
I’m truly hoping that it was not my ownership of only one pair of underwear that kept us from meeting up. If I could manage to hold a straight face during my BBQ with Jeeper in Maui, with his red slipp'as, knee-high socks, Jammer Speedo swim suit, and his duct taped coke bottle glasses… then certainly you could hold your breath for a minute or more. Or you could just slyly push me in the pool as we walked by… hoping the quick rinse would push me back a day or two.
Most of us think of hanging out as moments in time that we spend together. You, my friend have redefined what it is to hang out. Some people travel to the moon, but only your wit and charm could bring the moon to Maui.
While it may be some time before we ever get the chance to meet, you will forever hold a place in my heart until we do.
I will always keep in touch.
Your friend always,
Venture
No comments:
Post a Comment